We highlight Daniel W. as he shares his journey to hearing wellness for our ‘EARS’ OF HEARING SOLUTIONS blog.
Daniel was missing conversations and frustrating his wife at home. He had trouble hearing in restaurants and social situations and just didn’t want to attend because of the struggle. He didn’t think there was anything he could do that would help. Read his words below:
LOVE MY HEARING
“I had been to see two audiologists before seeing Anita Carroll. Both told me that even though I was experiencing some hearing loss in the higher ranges, hearing aids wouldn’t do much for me. Anita thought hearing aids would help, and she was right: they have changed my experience of being in the world.
- I used to think that hearing aids were just amplifiers for the ears, which to me was not enough of a reason to get them. But now that I have them, I know they do so much more.
- It’s the best thing I’ve done for myself (and my wife) in a long, long time.
- They’ve opened up new neural pathways in my brain. It’s as if they’ve opened up new spaces in my brain I didn’t know were there.
- I can think and listen at the same time.
- I’m more secure, knowing I know what someone is actually saying.
- I have more energy, because I don’t have to use it up trying to capture sound.
- None of this was I aware of or prepared for.
- I can’t think of one aspect of my life that has not been made better with hearing aids.
Hearing aids need a new publicist, someone to market them and change their reputation in the culture. Glasses — hearing aids for the eyes — have transcended whatever negative image they once had. Now people wear them even if they don’t need them. But hearing aids are “just” for old people. Not fair.”
What has been your hearing journey? Stay tuned next month and learn from our next highlight in our ‘Ears’ of Hearing Solutions!
Hearing wellness has a ripple effect on your life and relationships! Make hearing a priority and you will see improved relationships and less stress.
Dr. Anita Carroll is a licensed Audiologist and owner of Hearing Solutions in the Triangle, PLLC with over 25 years of experience. Need some wellness tips – she can be contacted here. If you’re looking to test hearing or improve listening skills visit our online scheduling here.