Who has hearing loss – not just “seniors”!
Surprised? Real people have hearing loss – at ANY age. Forget the stereotype of “aging”.
Hearing problems can happen at any age. Let’s look at “REAL PEOPLE” with hearing loss. Real life stories. All walks of life. And not one is over 40!
- Your 6 y/o old neighbor failed a screening test and was diagnosed with a mild hearing loss to everyone’s surprise. They thought he was just being “lazy”.
- Your 36 y/o doctor has hearing loss & struggles to understand patients, creating stressful interactions and communication errors.
- A 29 y/o new mother worries she won’t hear her baby at night because of her hearing loss. Her confidence plummets & is unable to sleep from anxiety.
- An 18 y/o college freshman requires a note-taker to assist with understanding lectures correctly. Now she can study & is top in her class.
- A 33 y/o podcaster can’t understand his soft-spoken girlfriend and suffers from tinnitus due to years of “rockin’ out” with his music. He depends on amplified headphones to understand guests on the show. He confides that his hearing loss has zapped his social confidence & stressed his relationships.
- A 35 y/o business manager worries about his job because he can’t keep up at meetings. He needs frequent repeats that annoys his boss & coworkers. He’s been written up for “not being on task” because of his poor hearing.
Actual people seen at our clinic. Similar stories everywhere. Different ages. Different situations. Different solutions. Dr. Carroll was able to find a solution and “address the stress” of hearing issues. Not one of them fit the stereotype of “old”.
It’s easy to ignore a hearing problem when it sneaks up on you. But the unexpected ripple effects devastate your confidence, relationships, careers, & brain health. Catch it before others do. No matter what your age.
Hearing wellness will have a ripple effect on your life and relationships! Make hearing a priority for 2022 and you will see improved relationships and less stress.
Dr. Anita Carroll is a licensed Audiologist and owner of Hearing Solutions in the Triangle, PLLC with over 25 years of experience. Need some wellness tips – she can be contacted here. If you’re looking to test hearing or improve listening skills visit our online scheduling here.